Thursday, April 1, 2010

Arrogance will be mine!

Okay, I was just cruising the net and came across a picture of Robert Downey, Jr. in an ad for Sherlock Holmes and it totally reminded me of a thought I've been having since I saw him on one of the award shows this year.

Um, has anyone noticed how arrogant Robert Downey, Jr. has been lately? I picked up on this a while ago, but it was really cemented when he was presenting an award for best something in a something category at one of the award shoes.

They announced his name and he took to the stage like a big, arrogant peacock. He's had a lot of success lately and there's no question as to his talent, but I think a guy who has done hard time and who has publicly struggled with addiction for years before finally getting clean should exercise a bit more humility.

He's damn lucky that Hollywood has been so kind to him giving him chance after chance after chance. I think had it not been for his talent (and good looks) that he might not have been given so many "get out of jail" free cards. How many other actors have battled addiction and have it ruin their careers to the point of no return?

In an industry where as Heidi says "one day you're in and the next day you're out", Mr. Downey, Jr. should act a little less cocky and a lot more thankful.

I'm sure he's grateful to an extent, but you sure don't see that in the way he carries himself and if it were up to me I'd love to see him brought down a notch. It doesn't help that his last few films have all been box office smashes, which only inflates the ego even more. The more his pay check increases, his ego increases as well.

I'm a little sick of seeing him walking around as if he wasn't just sleeping in a jail cell that side of a few years ago. Don't get me wrong - I love him and have loved him since Less than Zero, and I'm sincerely glad that he's kicked the crack pipe, but if I should happen to see him walking down the street, I can't say that I wouldn't find myself giving him a good crack across the face (no pun intended), a firm body shake and maybe even a time out.

No comments:

Post a Comment